Silver-Scrap-Buyer.com is your best choice for selling your scrap Silver for the highest payment or exchange for Bullion.
- Silver is a white and lustrous element that was discovered about 5,000 years ago. The discoverer of silver is unknown. The chemical symbol, Ag, stands for Argentum in Latin.
- Silver is highly valued for jewelry, tableware, and is used in coinage, photography, dental alloys, soldering alloys, electrical contacts and printed circuits.
- The term ‘sterling silver’ in reference to the grade .925 silver emerged in England in the 13th century. Copper is the most common metal used to round out the 7.5 percent alloy balance in sterling silver.
- Hipprocrates wrote that silver had beneficial healing and anti -disease properties. The expression ‘born with a silver spoon in their mouth’ stems from health rather than wealth status, as children fed with silver utensils were believed to be healthier.
- Silver iodide is often used in cloud seeding. A pound of silver iodide is enough to seed many cubic miles of clouds.